Friday, January 14, 2011

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game

Linda and I after I shaved my head
1/13/11
My wig

My mom and I
I love her!!
The little bit of hair we shaved off
The back of my head BEFORE we
had shaved it.
My mommy and I
Earlier this year when I started loosing my hair my parents asked if I wanted to go wig shopping I quickly denied. I didn't want to resort to a wig ever. It just wouldn't be the same as my real hair. But when you loose your hair to the point where you cant cover it up at all...What are you supposed to do? So on Tuesday I finally gave in. I love my wig! But don't get me wrong there are days where I miss my short thin hair... After we found a wig I decided to shave everything but my bangs off (which was not much) so that I could wear my hats if I wanted to. I cried.. You always hear the girls that say "I just want to shave my head!!" But when your hair grows back I guess thats no big deal. When it doesn't; like mine, It was super hard. I wouldn't take a picture with out the wig on and even at that I didn't like taking pictures, or looking in the mirrors. It was yesterday that I finally took a picture and shaved the rest off. My oldest sister Linda loves kissing my head! She's so funny. My other sister Ali likes the feeling of it. I have to admit it feels pretty cool.

The next story I am going to tell is called: Sisterly love :)
One day when my mom came home from work she asked me what I thought about her, Linda, and Ali all shaving their heads so I wouldn't feel alone. I then explained to her that I love their hair and I don't want attention drawn to our family with of us having shaved heads, I also said that if Ali (who tans alot!!) had shaved her head that she would have to go get a spray tan on her head so that she wouldn't look funny. So in return so last weekend we were at the Titanic Museum. In a glass case they had a little brush with 3 bristles left on it, Ali called me over to where she was and said "Rachael I have a brush you can use!" So now we are even!

4 comments:

  1. Rachael, you are one of the bravest, if not THE most brave young woman that I know. You are beautiful and strong and no matter what you have on the outside, you are one of the most beautiful girls I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brought tears to my eyes and made me laugh at the same time. You are so strong Rach and with or without hair it doesnt change the person you truly are inside. Which is the person we have all came to know and love. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I love you Rach and dont forget it, we all struggle with various things and could use a helping hand once in a while. If you need anything dont hesitate to call me you have my number. I love you cuz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Rach I love you. You are amazing. You truly are an amazing, strong daughter of God. Your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Thank you guys so much i think i have cried too much lately it really amazes me how much everyone really cares. Thak you guys for being there for me

    ReplyDelete